Sunday, February 24, 2013

Just a Few Things

You love your little sister Ruby. She has been having a hard time going to sleep at night, and has been crying for a little while after I lay her down. The other night I laid her down and closed her door and she started crying. You got such a concerned look on your face and started telling me how we needed to open the door for Rubes and that she was scared of the dark. I told you she would be okay, and that if she was still crying after we read books then we could get her out. You were hesitant, but said ok. 
Another time I had put you both down for bed, but Ruby was just crying. I took her out and brought her in bed with me. A few minutes later you came in and asked, "Ruby okay?" I told you her gums were hurting because she was getting some new teeth in. You came up on the bed started rubbing her head so gently and sang "twinkle, twinkle little star" to her. It was so sweet. You are so tender with her, and you love her so much. I see that every day. She is lucky to have a big brother like you.

You just started a little gymnastics class at the rec. center. You go on Saturday mornings for 30 minutes. It is just the right amount of time. By the end you are telling me how "hot and sweaty" you are and how you are sooooo tired. This coming from the kid who is non-stop all day long. :) You like going and are having fun doing it. It's fun to watch you and see how you get better each time with all the little skills you are learning. I did gymnastics for 5-6 when I was younger. I loved it, and was pretty good!

Some things you are doing/liking right now are:

Picking out your own clothes. Everyday is pretty much the same thing...either your "Jordan shorts" or sweats with your green number 3 shirt, batman shirt, or a couple other t-shirts you have. You are usually cold all day long and I tell you to  put on pants and socks, but you detest, and think you just need a blanket. So, that's what you do is wrap up in a blanket and get "warm and cozy."

Saying prayers...finally. You didn't want to say a prayer for the longest time, but you are now wanting to say the prayer almost every time dad asks you now. It makes me smile. I think it has something to do with being in primary now and seeing other kids praying. Speaking of primary you gave your first prayer in primary last week. It was the cutest thing. You were sitting up on the bench looking at me, and telling me how you didn't want me to help you, but that you wanted your teacher to help you say the prayer. So, she did, and you did a great job!

Carrots and dip (ranch dressing). Probably one of your favorite snacks

Watching movies

Playing play-dough

Washing dishes in the sink

This is a picture right after your first visit to the dentist. You did great!! No cavities!


After your first day of gymnastics.

A couple pictues of you and me.




No comments:

Post a Comment